Rolls of heat transfer vinyl, self-adhesive vinyl, and even foil have gained increasing popularity over the last couple of years, which means your collection of them has most likely grown as well. Getting them organized can be the difference between loving and using them or just stuffing them in the closet!
Each of the Vinyl Storage Trays will hold up to seven rolls of vinyl. The trays are designed to fit comfortably into your cube storage system, on a standard shelf or in your Lois Tote. They are also designed to maximize your space – left to right, top to bottom and back to front. When you look at other vinyl roll organizers there is a lot of space, around each roll – Tiffany has designed this product to be completely space efficient without sacrificing ease of use. In fact, it’s probably easier to use than any other storage system in the market.
The Vinyl Scrap Pockets are designed to hold small scraps. These pockets should slide neatly into the Vinyl Tray or they can be stored next to the Vinyl Tray.
The Vinyl Sleeves are the key to vinyl organization neatness and success. These simple plastic sleeves keep your vinyl rolled, while still allowing you full visibility of colours and patterns. They are so much easier to use than rubber bands (which can dent your vinyl or foil) or tape. The Vinyl Sleeves also allow you to “wrap” larger scraps around your vinyl roll, so you can clearly see that you have scraps and what colour they are. This is so much more efficient than rolling up your scraps and dropping them down the middle of the cardboard tube, where you will forget that they exist. If you do remember them in the tube, you have no way of knowing the dimensions or colour, you’ll have to battle the tube to get them out.
Tiffany’s recommendation is that you organize these rolled goods first by type – Heat Transfer, Self-Adhesive, Foil… then by colour. Before you get started with the VRO system, though, make sure you take a look at our previous blog post – Tips & tricks for using the Totally-Tiffany Vinyl Roll Organizer System!
Follow these easy steps:
- Sort your vinyl by type.
- Unroll each roll of vinyl from its cardboard tube. Re-roll the vinyl and slip it into a Vinyl Sleeve. For foil, leave the foil on the cardboard tube and slide the entire foil wrapped tube into a Vinyl Sleeve.
- Cut the label/instructions for use off the vinyl/foil packaging. Slip the label and/or instructions into the vinyl sleeve with the vinyl/foil. You can also use your Xyron to adhere the label to the outside of the Vinyl Sleeve.
- If you’re working with previously opened/used vinyl, wrap the large scraps around the roll before slipping it into the Vinyl Sleeve. Put the smaller scraps into the Vinyl Scrap Pocket.
- Organize your rolls by colour in each tray.
- Label your Vinyl Trays and put them into a cube, set them on a shelf, or store them in your Lois tote.
Thanks so much for stopping by to learn more about our Vinyl Roll Organizer System.